Anti-Government Protestors Breach Parliament Security

Chaos Unleashed: Anti-Government Protestors Breach Parliament Security
Spread the love

Table of Contents


On December 14, 2023, India’s democratic core trembled as anti-government protestors orchestrated a stunning breach of Parliament’s formidable security. The bold incident unfolded within the respected confines of the Lok Sabha, where two protestors leapt from the visitors’ gallery, releasing smoke canisters that echoed defiance. Simultaneously, fierce protests erupted outside, intensifying the spectacle.

This bold act prompted swift action from law enforcement, leading to the arrest of four individuals charged under the formidable Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA). The unusual breach not only exposed vulnerabilities in the shrine of governance but also ignited concerns about the escalating tensions between dissent and authority.

The Breach of Parliament

The breach unfolded as a meticulously coordinated effort by anti-government protestors, namely Manoranjan D, Sagar Sharma, Neelam Azad, and Amol Shinde, according to informed police sources. Within the revered halls of the Lok Sabha, the heart of India’s legislative power, two individuals boldly infiltrated by leaping from the visitors’ gallery. Their disruptive entry was marked by the release of smoke canisters, enveloping the chamber in an unsettling haze of dissent. Simultaneously, outside the Parliament premises, the remaining two protestors, Azad and Shinde, orchestrated a chaotic display of opposition, amplifying the turmoil.

The synchronized actions, both inside and outside the legislative hub, underscored a strategic approach to maximize impact. This unprecedented breach not only posed a direct challenge to the sanctity of the parliamentary space but also raised urgent questions about the adequacy of security measures and the evolving nature of dissent in the country.

Legal Ramifications

In the aftermath of the audacious breach, the Delhi Police responded with a swift legal reprisal, invoking rigid sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA) against the accused individuals. The charges, containing criminal conspiracy, trespass, and obstructing public servants in the discharge of their duties, underline the gravity of the offences committed within the sanctum of parliamentary proceedings. The invocation of the UAPA, known for its strict measures against acts threatening the integrity and security of the nation, amplifies the serious nature of the breach.

To ensure a thorough and specialized investigation, the case has been handed over to the Counter Intelligence Unit of the Special Cell, reflecting the need for detailed scrutiny given the potential implications on national security. As legal proceedings unfold, the accused face significant consequences, highlighting the uncompromising stance taken by law enforcement in response to this unprecedented breach.

Arrest and Manhunt

Following the breach, swift action by the Delhi Police led to the apprehension of the alleged intruders, Manoranjan D and Sagar Sharma, who were promptly arrested. Simultaneously, Neelam Azad and Amol Shinde, accused of fomenting disruption outside the Parliament premises, were also taken into custody. The arrest of these individuals marks a critical step in addressing the breach and restoring order. However, the police intensified their efforts with a relentless manhunt for Lalit Jha, an associate implicated in the planning and execution of the breach, who had initially eluded capture.

In a significant turn of events, Jha ultimately surrendered to the police, further aiding the ongoing investigation. As law enforcement pieces together the details surrounding the breach, the arrests and the subsequent surrender of Jha signal a determined effort to bring all involved parties to justice and unravel the full extent of the orchestrated disruption.

The Planning

The meticulous planning behind the security breach reveals a disturbing level of premeditation. Shockingly, preparations for this audacious act traced back to January, highlighting a sustained and deliberate effort by the accused. Manoranjan D’s reconnaissance during the Monsoon Session further underscores the calculated nature of their actions, as he familiarized himself with the intricacies of the Parliament complex. Perhaps even more alarming is the revelation of coordination with the personal staff of Member of Parliament Pratap Simha, who represents the accused Manoranjan’s constituency.

The unwitting involvement of MP Simha’s staff in providing a visitor’s pass for December 14, albeit mistakenly dated December 13, unwittingly facilitated the breach. This intricate planning raises concerns not only about the security measures in place but also about the potential exploitation of internal channels, emphasizing the need for a comprehensive review of parliamentary security protocols to prevent future breaches orchestrated with such meticulous detail.


The audacious breach of Parliament’s security prompts a nationwide reckoning, sparking inquiries into security lapses and necessitating a resolute response. The arrested individuals, charged under stringent laws, face impending legal consequences, drawing attention to the potential ramifications for India’s parliamentary integrity. The aftermath raises pressing concerns about the broader implications of the functioning of the democratic system.

As the investigation unfolds, the coming days hold the promise of revealing the intricate motives and network behind this unprecedented breach, shedding light on the depths of the orchestrated disruption and informing necessary reforms to fortify the sanctity of India’s parliamentary proceedings.

Photo By: BBC

You May Also Like To Read: Exciting Enigma of Bhajanlal Sharma: Unraveling BJP’s Past and Future in Rajasthan

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *